The Florentine Pastry Shop has been making Italian cakes and specialties in Utica New York since 1928. Opened in December of 1928 by Joseph Borgovini and Vincenzo Gennaro. Originally at 605 Bleecker Street, the shop was moved to its current location at 667 Bleecker Street by Gennaro's wife Luigia in 1945. Rocco Vitullo and Gabe Alessandroni became the new owners in 1963. Gabriele Alessandroni became the sole owner 1973. His relatives Andrew and Debby Alesia became the current owners in 1993. Their son Jared is a graduate of the Culinary Institute of america and a pastry chef, while their son Martin is the shop's cake decorator.